Kardia Group coaching services are a unique resource provided by experts in leadership development, faculty careers, and organizational strategy in academia. Coaching is available to faculty, staff, and administrators at various levels within the academic institution. Coaching brings focused resources to support the coaching client’s ability to develop the specific skills he or she needs in context. Because Kardia Group specializes in work with the academic environment, we bring very specific knowledge related to demands at every level of academia.
“The term ‘leadership’ really applies to day-to-day interactions with students, colleagues, and administrators as well, like a code of ethical behavior that is practiced rather than preached. The process is a good opportunity to reflect on this and discuss experiences, good or bad.”
Coaching services include:
- Career Development Coaching
Leadership coaching for the many facets of faculty careers addressing productivity, priority-setting, career transitions, and making change.
- Executive Coaching
Leadership coaching for those in formal leadership roles, including: department chairs, deans, provosts, presidents, and other senior staff or executive-level administrators.
- Individual Assessments
We work with several standard assessment instruments associated with conflict styles, leadership skills, team-building, and more. In addition, we specialize in customized 360 evaluations.
Online leadership assessment
Customized 360 assessment
- Group Coaching (2 or more individuals)
Group coaching for faculty, administrators, and staff. This coaching we design especially to develop networks among individuals in similar role definitions, and to bridge the gap between business and academic goals of the institution.
Coaching formats include:
|Type of Coaching||Number of Sessions||Time Period and Examples|
|Assessment-focus||1-3 sessions||over a 1-2 month period
3-session Leadership Development featuring the CPI 260® assessment
3-session Leadership Awareness featuring the MBTI® instrument
|Development-focus||4-12 sessions||over a 6-12 month period|
|Strategy-focus||as needed||multi-year coaching services tailored to situational and development needs|
Coaching sessions typically address:
- Personal goal setting (leadership role choices, research/teaching/service balance, work/life balance, career advancement).
- Training in how to think strategically about organizational realities, including how to navigate the system, how to initiate change, how to leverage resources, etc.
- Assessment and development of leadership skills and style, including:
- managing people; delegation; working with department staff
- meeting and project management,
- communication and negotiation, etc.
- Problem solving regarding specific situations, people, and other challenges.
- Strategies for negotiating the ways that social identity (gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.) can impact the experiences of individuals and of departments.
- Strategies to work effectively within the norms and expectations of academia.
For more information about coaching for you as an individual,
please see our short coaching services or contact us.
For more information about institutionally funded coaching services, please contact us.